Resuming normal schedule Monday, JUNE 1 2020
I hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last three months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines the best way possible.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Wildfire’s commitment to our kids’ safety.
Wildfire intends to follow recommendations and guidelines made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to the reality of teaching gymnastics to our kids. Honestly, reaching absolute perfection set by politicians will not be easy so we ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to provide the safest environment for our students and their family members. We need to join together and search for the best path to move forward.
Both Gyms have been completely sanitized. We have professionally steam cleaned all surfaces and sanitized the gym with a hospital-grade disinfectant. This sanitizing of all surfaces will continue multiple times per day.
At Wildfire, our mission has always been about children’s health and development. It remains paramount that we keep our children active both physically and mentally. We need to get the kids off the couch and phone and teach them the beauty of movement. Gymnastics being the basis of all sports is a perfect way to help achieve this goal.
The Wildfire staff has been working hard preparing for our reopening and can’t wait to see our kids back in the gym. Please refer to the video presentations for a better understanding of what to expect as we reopen both the Tustin and Lake Forest gyms.
On a personal note, words cannot capture the immense gratitude we have for you, our families and staff, as you demonstrate support for Wildfire during this overwhelming and difficult time, you stayed true to the mission and values we stand for, and we are forever grateful.
The Watson Family
Please read the guidelines below in addition to the video, there are some safety procedures not in the video that are very important.
Wildfire Gymnastics Safety Procedures and Guidelines
Facility Sanitation Practices:
- Utilize commercial-grade fogger/spray machine to mass distribute disinfectant on key touchpoints and gymnastics equipment a minimum of once every two hours.
- No-touch thermometers will be used to take temperatures of all customers and children when entering the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be distributed to everyone entering the building.
- Hand sanitizer available at “Sanitation Stations” throughout the gym floor and parent areas.
- All shared resources such as flyers and hand stamps will be removed.
- Water fountains and snack machines will be closed.
- Foam pits will be closed to recreational athletes.
- The nightly cleaning crew will continue to sanitize equipment, bathrooms, and key touchpoints every night.
- The front desk area will be sanitized after every customer.
- A plastic barrier will separate the customer from the office staff.
Employee Safely Guidelines:
- Employee temperature must be taken before coming to Wildfire, any employee over 100 degrees will be asked not to come to work.
- Any employee with symptoms will be asked to stay home for 14 days and only return once fever free for 3 days.
- Practice social distancing when possible in the staff room and offices.
- All staff must have a face covering with them at all times.
- Face masks must be worn if a spotting situation occurs.
- Front office staff will remain behind a plastic barrier while helping customers at the front desk.
- Managers and supervisors will wear face-covering while interacting with parents and children.
Facility Social Distancing Procedures:
- Only one guardian allowed into the building per child.
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the building at one time.
- Please wait on the sidewalk behind the sign to enter the facility.
- Enter through the building and stay to your right, there will be delineators separating the flow of traffic in and out of our lobby areas.
- White dots will be placed on the lobby floor every 6ft.
- The parent viewing area will only allow a certain number of parents, chairs are spread out to allow for 6-foot social distance.
- Colored dots will be placed at a 6ft distance all throughout the gym floor. Kids will be asked to stay on their dots while waiting in line for equipment or warming up.
- Staff will keep a 6ft distance during class and put on their facemask if a child needs assistance at a closer distance.
- Classes will end 5 minutes early to ensure all kids can exit the lobby before the next class enters the lobby area.
Dropping Off Procedure:
- Please line up along the sidewalk, there are blue X's to stand on with the accurate social distancing.
- A Wildfire employee will let you know when it is time to enter.
- Please respect our rule of only one guardian per athlete entering the building
- If you wish to drop off your athlete instead of walking them to class, there will be a staff member to assist your child once inside the building.
- Anyone entering the building must have their temperature taken and hands sanitized.
- There will be a table outside with bonus class or new class stickers before entering.
- Enter through the right door and follow the white dots to the cubbies.
- Place child’s items in the cubbies (including water due to our fountains being closed off).
- A coach will then take your child to a white dot on the blue floor.
- Each rotation will have stations that are 6 feet apart.
- After every rotation, your child will stop at a “Sanitation Station” to sanitize hands.
- Please follow the white dots as you exit the building on the opposite side you entered.
- If you are needing assistance from office employees, please line up behind the designated office waiting sign after dropping your child off.
- Due to social distancing, we ask that you allow the guardians of our youngest athletes to watch from upstairs. There are a select number of chairs with the appropriate social distancing in the viewing area.
Pick Up Procedure:
- Your child’s class will end five minutes early so that we can sanitize the stations before the new athletes enter the building.
- Athletes will be waiting at their last event on a dot.
- Please wait on a dot, wave to your child and a staff member will walk them to you.
- There will be a hand sanitizing station for your child to use on the way out as well.
- Follow the white dots to exit the building.
We can't wait to see you in June!